Application for Hometown Heroes
If you or someone you know is a veteran of the United States armed forces, please review and complete the application below so that we can have a banner made in recognition. Paper Applications can also be obtained at the CURES for Chester main office located at
114 Columbia Street, Chester, SC.
1. The Hometown Heroes program uses information and photographs of Chester area Veterans
past or present for printing on boulevard banners and will be displayed prominently on the
downtown streets in the City of Chester. Veterans can have served in any of the Armed Forces
of the United States.
2. Pictures must be of good quality and at least 5” x 7” or larger of the veteran in uniform. Official
photos done during service duration are best for this application; however, other photos will be
evaluated as needed and if necessary.
3. Information should include veteran’s name, highest rank, and branch of military service.
4. A donation of $100 payable to CURES for Chester is requested for each banner. A limited
number of sponsorships are available for those who cannot afford this donation and a request
should be made to the Executive Director at email@example.com.
5. Forms must be fully completed to be submitted for approval.